Why Choose Us
Why Choose Federal Retirement Investment Advisers
- Focus on Federal Employees and Retirees
- Our focus is on civil servants under either FERS or CSRS. We utilize software tailored to those participating in government retirement programs to assist in financial planning for our clients. I have personal first-hand experience with the complexities of the federal retirement system.
- A passion for financial advice
- I don’t consider my service to you a job. It is a passion of mine. I enjoy putting together financial plans and then executing them with my clients. I receive great joy in seeing my clients’ goals come to fruition.
- Personalized service
- As a client of the firm, you will be personally dealing with me. You will not be dealing with a different advisor, agent or representative when you call. I take the responsibility of looking over your finances very seriously. I will oversee your investments as I would for a family member.
- Low minimum for investment management
- I can work with you for as little as $10,000. Other firms require at least $250,000 to actively manage your portfolio.
- As a Registered Investment Advisor Representative, I am required to act in your best interests at all times. I am also required to identify and disclose any conflicts of interest and compensation with you. I operate with full transparency.
- Stockbrokers (also called Financial Advisors, Wealth Managers, etc.) are subject to the lower legal standard, known as suitability. They are just required to recommend “suitable” investments to you and are not required to act in your best interests nor disclose conflicts of interests or hidden compensation for recommending certain investments.
- We don’t “sell” you anything
- I don’t sell insurance, annuities or any other financial product. I don’t receive any compensation from any outside entities. I manage your investments and personally put together financial plans for you. That is all. If you require insurance or annuity products I can provide you unbiased advice to determine the best product for your needs.
- Independent advice
- As an independent investment adviser, I am not beholden to a parent company deciding which equities or investment products to recommend. I am free to choose the best investments for my clients.
- Uncompromised integrity
- I do not need a code of ethics to remind me to distinguish between right and wrong. My promise to you is I will put the client first. I will not compromise my integrity by providing recommendations unfit for my clients because of outside compensation by third parties.
- Transparency in fees
- I charge a simple fee for either preparing a financial plan for you, or a fee as a percentage of the assets I manage. That’s it.
Constant monitoring of your investments
- I have a passion for what I do. You investments won’t be reviewed every six months to determine if their performance is adequate. I will frequently assess performance and make changes as they are feasible. Please note that performance of an investment is never guaranteed.